… me, Martin Hilscher born 1980 in Berlin and after much moving around, now living in Oldenburg, Germany. Here I first studied computer science and philosophy at Carl von Ossietzky University and subsequently worked as a research assistant and PhD candidate in computer science. In 2016 I "switched sides" and became a developer and system architect at Jungen Haie GmbH.
Besides that I co-founded a hackerspace, worked on various open source projects, am an avid hobby cook, make some electronic music and am an advisor in a working group on new and social media at the office of family and social services and many many things more. For all those activities this site shall bare document, … if I find the time to write it all out.
- Programming – basically every programming paradigm and language, and yes that includes function programming with a dependent type system in Idris and Agda as well as throwing things together in PHP. Admittedly I enjoy the former much more than the later.
- Software Architecture – especially of large complex and distributed systems like microservice landscapes.
- Research – foremost parallel and distributed systems, logic and autonomous vehicles.
- First Aid – If been working as an EMT for about 6 years besides school and university.
- Electronic music production – Besides working as an EMT I have worked as a DJ and Liveact, primarily Techno.
- Modeling, formal verification and synthesis of programs, and systems.
- Martial Arts – I'm a black belt in 3 martial arts (Judo, Aikido, and Karate) and did train in Jeet Kune Do and Krav Maga for almost 19 years. And I am an approved instructor in all of the above.
- Severe boredom – even just from repeating some project once. Most of the times leads to me writing a abstraction, lib or framework.
- Dissatisfaction with the status quo – in about every regard.
Article"Synthesizing and Verifying Controllers for Multi-lane Traffic Maneuvers",Formal Aspects of Computing,vol. 29, iss. 4,pp. 583-600,2017
Inproceedings"An Abstract Model for Proving Safety of Autonomous Urban Traffic",Proc. Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC),2016,pp. 274–292
Article"Proof Theory of a Multi-Lane Spatial Logic",Logical Methods in Computer Science,vol. 11, iss. 3,2015
Inproceedings"Synthesizing Controllers for Multi-Lane Traffic Maneuvers",in Proc. International Symposium on Dependable Software Engineering (SETTA),2015,pp. 71–86
Inproceedings"Proof theory of a multi-lane spatial logic",d M. Hilscher, "Proof theory of a multi-lane spatial logic"2013,pp. 231–248
Inproceedings"Proving Safety of Traffic Manoeuvres on Country Roads",in Proc. Theories of Programming and Formal Methods,2013,pp. 192–212
Inproceedings"An Abstract Model for Proving Safety of Multi-Lane Traffic Manoeuvres",in Proc. Int'l Conf.\ on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM),2011,pp. 404–419